On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:17:13PM -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> Ensure that FreeType is compiled with -fno-strict-aliasing
> or, slower, with -O0. FreeType violates the C standard,
> which now damn-near prohibits casting pointers. BTW, there
> are violations in the Tux Paint getpixel/putpixel code too.

Yeah, getpixel/putpixel were pretty much straight out of the example code
for SDL.

I've been thinking maybe we should use function pointers, so that /every/
getpixel/putpixel didn't have to say:

  "wait, what BPP am I again?"

We could even use an array of function pointers, such that:

  getpixel[8] = getpixel8();
  getpixel[16] = getpixel16();

etc.

Then the decision as to which getpixel/putpixel to use could happen
much less often.

Thoughts?

-bill!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          April shower bring Kompressor power!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/