Hello fellow Twisted Jabberers,

Since OSCON this year, I've been talking with Ralph, Chris, and Jack
about producing a set of tutorials for the Twisted community that
focus on common XMPP use cases. It's been about 7 years since I last
touched Jabber, so I'm doing some re-learning and a lot of new
learning :-) For starters, I'm putting together a glossary of
terminology to better help me navigate the XMPP landscape (the
glossary will be published on twistedmatrix.com).

After that, I'll be moving on to XMPP basics via Twisted tutorials,
learning as I write them. Ralph has already enthusiastically
volunteered his time and effort in helping me get up to speed and
assisting with the production of quality HOWTOs, tutorials, etc. But
I'd like to give others the opportunity to contribute to this effort
as well :-)

Towards this goal, I will be posting questions about best
practices/usage, ideas about educating potential Twisted XMPP
developers, and thoughts for potential improvements in the API here on
the list. I hope that everyone with a vested interest in seeing XMPP
support improve in the Twisted framework will participate!

Connected to these efforts, Ralph and the Chesspark crew (Jack and
Chris) have discussed some improvements/optimizations that can be made
in twisted.words, and we've talked about other Twisty goodness for
XMPP improvements. I'll let them share more of their thoughts and
plans with the list, without stealing their thunder :-)

Thanks,