Nick,
The UNSIGNED INT data type should be sufficient for ids in the near
term. However if you want less maintenance worry in the long run, use
UNSIGNED BIGINT as there is a possibility of going over the 4294967295
maximum value of the UNSIGNED INT type at some point for certain ids.

As for length limits:
Full name lengths: 20 characters or less
Screen names: 15 characters or less

Thanks,
Doug Williams
Twitter API Support