Hi Kever,

On 5/8/24 4:42 AM, Kever Yang wrote:
Hi Quentin,

     Could you please update this patch with OF_UPSTREAM support?

No, I cannot yet :/

Tiger is only available in Linux kernel v6.9-rcX and dts/ in U-Boot is currently at v6.8.

What are we supposed to do for this then?

Would bumping dts/ to an -rc tag be ok for U-Boot? After all, those are rc and not "stable" branches. Do we need to wait for the actual kernel release before bumping dts/ (so wait for up to 2 months before supporting a board in U-Boot)? Should we have an intermediate solution where we use the "old" model (NOT OF_UPSTREAM) until we bump dts/ to the latest kernel release and the DTS is available through OF_UPSTREAM?

Cheers,
Quentin