Dear Neural Information Processing Colleagues:

Let me start by apologizing for your potential reception of multiple
copies of this email. You may appear on multiple Neural Information
Processing Systems Related lists.

I would like to encourage your participation in this years NIPS
Conference and Workshops, to be held in December 2003 in Vancouver and
Whistler, Canada. Please see http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/NIPS for
last year's conference details.

As the Program Chair for the Emerging Technologies (EM) Track, I would
particular like to encourage contributions in the areas of Hardware
NIPS, Neuromorphic Systems, Biologically Inspired and Biomimetic
Systems, NIP Circuits and Systems, NIPS MEMS, NIPS for Robotics and
other emerging neural information processing technologies. Because the
Conference is held in December, while most other related conferences are
held in the summer, NIPS offers an ideal mid-year venue of showcase new
results in the above areas.

I look forward to reading all your contributions. Please keep the
following submission deadline in mind: Friday June 6, 2003.

Thanks,

Ralph Etienne-Cummings
Associate  Professor

105 Barton Hall/3400 N. Charles St.                     2213 AV Williams Building
Johns Hopkins University                                University of Maryland
Baltimore, MD 21218                                     College Park, MD 20742
Tel:  410 - 516 - 3494                                  Tel:  301  405  0470
Fax:  410 - 516 - 5566                                  Fax:  301  314 - 9281
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                               Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]