Are you using a Router? Then Try pinging the router. and see if there is
packet loss.

I faced similar problem previously and this problem is so infuriating! This
happens due to network card driver as far I remember,

You can try the following:
1. Upgrading the Kernel may fix the issue.
2. Use a external network adapter instead of builtin one.