---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Canonical <ubuntu-devi...@canonical.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Subject: 🎄 Festive Raspberry Pi competition, 2017 IoT predictions + more!
Ubuntu December Newsletter
To: <jbongae...@gmail.com>

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser
<http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=1999627400&e=ad43e02ec6>
. [image: Ubuntu]
Devices Newsletter
*December 2016*

❄️ 🎄🎁 Snowflakes, Christmas carols and holly are top of mind this month.
We're launching a festive snap competition using your Raspberry Pi - which
we're truly excited about! We'll also be stargazing into IoT 2017
predictions in an upcoming webinar, selecting our favourite snaps from last
month, reflecting on our awesome community and more! ❄️ 🎄🎁

Spotlight

*Competition: Build a festive snap on your Raspberry Pi!*

To celebrate this merry period what's better than a competition challenging
you to create a seasonal snap on your Raspberry Pi 2 or 3. Using
instructions listed in the blog below and your creativity, we’d love to see
the entries that are the most festive, original and work across devices!
Based on this we’ll be giving away prizes that include Raspberry Pi
accessories, backpacks and videos of your creations to ensure it's viewed
by those across the world! For more info including entry details, see
below. Festive snapping folks!

*ENTER HERE >*
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=fa4899bd5d&e=ad43e02ec6>

Internet of Things

*Webinar: 2017 - what's in store for IoT?*

It's nearing the end of the year! Time to take a breather and plan for
2017. As part of our 'IoT builders' webinar series, we have asked some of
the most prominent technologists, community builders and visionaries in
this space for their advice and practical predictions on what's worth
working on next! Speakers include Dominique Guinard (CTO & Co-founder
EVRYTHNG), Ian Skerrett (VP Marketing, Eclipse Foundation) and Maarten
Ectors (VP, IoT at Canonical.) Join us on December 13th at 17:00 (GMT.)

*LEARN MORE >*
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=272bbaf226&e=ad43e02ec6>

*The Nextcloud Box: IoT home gateway solutions*

You must have heard us talk about the Nextcloud box before...now we've sat
down with the Nextcloud team to hear their 'behind the scenes' story in a
case study that covers:

   - Going from concept to a fully working product in just a few months
   - Turning a complex cloud-based software into a consumer-friendly device
   - Ensuring reliable and safe updates to your devices with no user
   involvement
   - Offering an app-store and running multiple apps from your device

*DOWNLOAD THE CASE STUDY >*
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=ca1851bd6b&e=ad43e02ec6>

Desktop + Phone
*10 Desktop snaps written in November!*

It's that time of the month again where we round up our top ten snaps from
the last month. The month of November brought everything from vikings,
neurons to decentralised websites using Bitcoin crypto!

*TOP TEN LIST >*
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=9ce384e65e&e=ad43e02ec6>

  *UbuCon Europe - a sure sign of community strength*
UbuCon Europe demonstrated that the Ubuntu community is going strong! The
event took place a few weeks ago in the northern German city of Essen, in a
stunning artist-maker space with talks and workshops from Canonical staff
and the wider community. The three days focused on talks and workshops
covering Snaps, IoT, Bash on Ubuntu (!), 2017 planning...read more on the
event below!

*READ ON >*
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=809fd2a217&e=ad43e02ec6>

In other news... We're proud to be supporting the State of the Developer
Nation Survey run by our friends at VisionMobile! This is the 12th
developer survey, focusing on a 360 view of developer tools, skills and
salaries.

*LEARN MORE >*
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=12e246cbb4&e=ad43e02ec6>

[image: Twitter]
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=8a377e0cd8&e=ad43e02ec6>
[image:
Google Plus]
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=46b8c2a2fe&e=ad43e02ec6>
[image:
Facebook]
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=02faef5ce7&e=ad43e02ec6>
www.canonical.com
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=61507d88bf&e=ad43e02ec6>
| www.ubuntu.com
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=790541647e&e=ad43e02ec6>
©2015 Canonical Ltd. Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of
Canonical Ltd. Registered address: Canonical Group Limited, Floor 5, Blue
Fin Building, 110 Southwark St, London SE1 0SU, United Kingdom.

Unsubscribe from this list
<http://canonical.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=56dac47c206ba0f58ec25f314&id=41b3983f71&e=ad43e02ec6&c=1999627400>