All,

On the Ubuntu Cloud Images, we have a request to make /tmp a tmpfs. The
rationale, from the bug:
 * Performance - much faster read/write access to data in /tmp
 * Security - sensitive data would be cleared from memory on boot,
   rather than written (leaked) to disk -- important for encryption
   scenarios

Since the Ubuntu Cloud Images are used by a wide number of users, I
wanted to gather feedback and gather consensus on whether or not we
should make this change.

Please see Bug 1553639 [1] for the conversation.

Thanks,
Ben

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/livecd-rootfs/+bug/1533639

P.S. Starting with 16.04, we are building cloud images in buildds using
livecd-rootfs; for bug regarding _how_ cloud images are built, please
file the bugs against livecd-rootfs

--

Ben Howard
ben.how...@canonical.com