On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 04:14:44PM +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> It would be cool if Debian and Ubuntu packagers could work together to
> address this in the Packages.gz format.

I think this is unlikely to wind up in the Packages file in Debian over
concerns about increasing the size of this index for all users with
information not used by the package manager per se.  But I agree it would be
nice to make this information available to the software store, perhaps via
an adjunct metadata file on the servers.

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org