On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 18:59 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le vendredi 08 avril 2011 à 16:08 +0100, Chris Coulson a écrit :
> > - I'm not convinced that Evolutions additional features are that
> > important to our target users
>
> Hi,
>
> There seem to be some disagreement on how useful the calendar is, it
> seems that with free gcalendar accounts and smart phones allowing to use
> those easily quite some people use calendering out of work nowadays

also, it's important, for full desktop integration, to have whatever
email client we choose use e-d-s (or libfolks, which has an e-d-s
backend) for contacts, as many other apps use that for contacts
(empathy) and calendar (the clock applet). That leaves very few options
(tinymail and claws-mail?)

So, I would agree on replacing Evolution with a more lightweight app,
but only if that app uses e-d-s, which doesn't have any performance
problem and which offers support for several protocols (google,
groupwise, exchange, U1, etc), so it would be great to not lose that
when changing the default e-mail client