Dear developers,

Those of you that have been enjoying the new Ubuntu 8.04 LTS release will
have noticed a significant number of stable release updates trickling in
over the past two months.  Many thanks to the developers who have been hard
at work on this final round of polish for the LTS, and to our many testers
who have helped to validate these updates for general consumption!

Per the release schedule at <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseSchedule>,
we're now just two short weeks away from the scheduled release of 8.04.1,
the first point release of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.  As such, the hardy-proposed
queue is now frozen with respect to packages that are included on any of our
ISO images.  The only uploads that are being accepted for these packages are
those fixing bugs that have already been approved as targets for the 8.04.1
point release.

Other packages in universe that aren't included on any ISOs can still have
updates prepared, but of course since they aren't included on ISOs they also
don't have the same deadlines for inclusion, so please understand if these
aren't given the highest priority by the archive admins in the short term.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
On behalf of the Ubuntu release team