Hello world,

Following a brief period while we got the toolchain into shape, the
Karmic Koala is now open for general development. Please remember to
wear your seat-belt, and remember that bugs in the rear-view mirror
may be closer than they appear. Automatic syncs from Debian will begin
shortly.

The release schedule for Karmic is available at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule . To summarise the next
few months, we expect to be able to produce the first milestone in
mid-May, to cease automatic syncs from Debian towards the end of June,
and to enter feature freeze at the end of August.

We do not recommend that users upgrade to Karmic at this time; it is
likely to be in very considerable flux until the initial round of
merges is complete. As ever, any developers wishing to take the plunge
at this early stage should ensure that they are comfortable with
recovering from anything up to complete system failure.

Good luck!