Hi Developers,

In true "better late than never" fashion, Yakkety is now in Feature
Freeze.

Ideally you will all now be focusing on bug fixing and not on getting
new features into the release. This will let us create a solid and
well-groomed Yak in October that we'll all want to take a ride on for
the following nine months.

As always, if you want to seek an exception to land your crucial new
feature, then please follow the process:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

To clear up some confusion: version strings don't matter for Feature
Freeze. If you upload a new upstream release and it has no new features
than you don't need an exception. If you add a debian/patch that adds a
new feature, or enable one via build flags then you do. We care about
the content of the archive, not exactly how things got there.

Cheers, happy bug fixing,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]