Readyboost is a good idea in theory, but in practice I believe there
could be a few problems. The hot-pluggable nature means you would have
to keep a copy of the key's contents synched with the HD / RAM anyway.
The contents would also need to be encrypted in case of theft.

>From the reviews I have seen
(http://www.nsharp.org/15/vista-readyboost-and-superfetch-real-or-hype/),
(http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/17/readyboost-ready-but-doesnt-boost/)
readyboost does not offer much of a performance gain when using
high-performance (1st or 2nd gen setups).

You would also need a fast enough usb stick to make it worthwhile.

This could be a handy feature for older systems or systems where no
more ram can be installed, but I don't think its worth making this a
priority to implement

--
Matthew G Larsen