hi,
On Do, 2008-08-07 at 00:00 +0200, Sebastian Krause wrote:
> Oliver Grawert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi I've asked this question before and not had an answer.
> >> The kernel module for this onboard NIC is broken and has been since
> >> kernel version 2.6.22
> >
> > does adding pci=nomsi to your grub line help (i had a similar prob with
> > the RTL8101E whete this setting solved the prob) ?
>
> This is actually a known bug in Ubuntu which has been around for
> quite a while, and finally something seems to happen about it:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/212497>
in 2.6.24 the r8169 driver was switched to use msi, which apparently
broke it on various systems. we were actively working on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cmpc/+bug/247478 ...
if the nomsi setting helps for the above case too this would be a common
indicator to fix exactly this area, thats why i asked above if pci=nomsi
helps for other cards using this driver as well ...

ciao
        oli