hi,
On Mo, 2008-09-29 at 15:20 +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
> Sorry if I misunderstand but does this mean that my tablet will not work
> in intrepid but only in intrepit+1? If so what should I do in the
> meantime? Many bugs related to the tablet have ***finally*** been solved
> in intrepid after two or three releases of waiting so using hardy is a
> very poor alternative. Please leave a "backdoor" in this killing machine
> to make my humble xorg.conf work :)
i have no idea how well wacom works currently in intrepid (i own several
touchscreen devices and know they suck, but dont have a wacom around. i
saw there were some attempts to create the necessary .fdi files for hal
to make them work basically but i doubt there will be much opprtunity fo
fine tuning and calibration yet)

it is an upstream decision of the xorg deveolpers at freedesktop.org to
fully switch to hal-input and away from xorg.conf configuration, ubuntu
can only try to fix the issues at the distro side, when i sent out a
call for lshal output for touchscreens known to work in hardy to
assemble the proper hal configs for intrepid i got zero response, when i
relesed the ubuntu-mobile image a week ago [1] that generated a
landslide of feedback suddenly, though since i only have feedback on
evtouch devces yet and beta is due on thursday i dont see a way to
support more than evtouch for now ... there will surely be ways to have
SRUs for intrepid, especially if it comes to hardware support these are
desired, but the core focus in the mobile will be to get all
touchscreens and tablets fixed and with proper gui calibration tools in
jaunty, not intrepid, since chances are higher that we get feedback and
community participation for that.

ciao
        oli

[1]