On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Mackenzie Morgan<maco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of whinging, why don't you write BETTER replacements for those
> applications in C, if it bothers you so much?  Whinging is simply not
> constructive.

It'd probably be better to write them in Java. That would force Mono
out. (you can't possibly put both Mono and Java in the default
install)

I really do want Mono to be gone from the default install. It's like
Wine: you're making a statement that "we are who we are because of
Microsoft". And Java is a good alternative. It just needs a lot of
love:

* Gnome-Java bindings need to improve
* Eclipse needs an updated package

Currently, the Java situation is a big mess. And that's not good.

Remco