On 2009-06-08 23:32,  Colin Watson wrote :
As of tomorrow's daily builds (assuming they build successfully,
anyway), GRUB 2 will be the default boot loader for new installations,
pursuant to the grub2-as-default discussion at UDS.
GRUB should be in its own partition, tentatively containing repair tools too.
This makes Ubuntu or any Linux  undestroyable by Windows or anyone.
Restoring GRU/Ubuntu would be a most standard setting of a boot flag.

Similarly, the swap partition should be a Linux file.
This frees the user from swap considerations and opens Linux to dynamic swap size.
I once made twin disks and I fell in a trap.
I thought Linux would use the only swap partition on the disk.
But the swap partition was referenced by UUID.

Using both features would make the partition count a statu quo.

I, as a Linux sower, find both topics important when I make an installation.* *