On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 19:04, Scott Beamer <geek...@angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

> Flávio Etrusco spake thusly:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Danny Piccirillo
> > <danny.picciri...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >> Damn, ran into this too, but i don't have an old kernel to fall back
> >> on. Is there a way i can fix this without having to reinstall?
> >>

> > You could try disabling kernel modesetting: While booting, enter the
> > grub menu (hold the Shift key. If it fails and the boot continues,
> > restart and try pressing Shift several times instead of simply holding
> > it down).
> > Once in the grub menu, press 'e' to edit the boot line, then add to the
> > kernel line: nouveau.modeset=0. You may also remove "quiet splash" to
> > see what's going on in the boot process. Press Ctrl+X.

nouveau.modset=0 did not fix the problem, and removing quiet splash
didn't allow me to see where it stopped either. There was too much to
read going too fast and it all disappeared leaving a flashing "_" at
the top of the screen which is the same thing i saw if i killed the
splash screen before

> I'm sure he's jsut reinstalled by now. Of course, the latest nightly
> might be fixed now as well.... :)

I have not yet reinstalled  although i am using the latest LiveCD
right now to use the computer. I'd like to know that the issue as
fixed and i can re-install from here without having the same problem

Thanks for the help!

--
.danny

☮♥Ⓐ - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo