hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2011, 11:11 -0700 schrieb Dylan McCall:
> There is, actually, a block of text that mentions it:
> “Ubuntu is, and always will be, absolutely free. Created by the best
> open-source experts from all over the world, Ubuntu is available in 24
> languages and ready for download today.”

it is interesting how this sentence seems to imply a referral to
canonical or it's employees to you given it doesnt mention anything in
this regard.

reading it, this sentence to me includes the GNOME developers, as much
as the Xorg devs, Debian developers or the LibreOffice ones (put
yourself here if you are involved in any open-source that is available
in Ubuntu or helps it in one or the other way) it doesnt say "Ubuntu is
glued together by the best experts" or something in this regard though
still, many people i talk to read it the same way as you did, i wonder
why ...

ciao
        oli