hi,
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:49:47 +0100
Roberto NM <robe.na...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you choose install right after booting the installation CD the
> dash and launcher don't load, yet the behaviour is suspend upon
> closing the lid.
right, this is why i asked you to file the bug against the installer
program (ubiquity)... we dont really want to lose features in the live
environment, but as soon as the installer runs suspend needs to be
disabled, this is easily doable, just file the bug ;)

(and note that the installer is the same, no matter if you run it
directly or if you start it later from a live session...)

ciao
        oli