hi,
Am Montag, den 17.08.2015, 15:41 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

> Btw. I'm still not used to systemd after using it for around 3 years,
> but for my workflow a clean systemd at least is easier to handle, than
> the Wily hybrid.
>
> You might get used to the Wily hybrid systemd within 30 seconds, you
> also might get used to a clean systemd within 30 seconds, but Wily
> definitively is a mix including init script and wrappers/workarounds and
> absolutely _not_ a "Full Systemd Experience".

it is an advertised (and desired) systemd upstream feature to provide
sysvinit compatibility (like it was in upstart) ... there is nothing
messy in it, upstream encourages to use this to allow packages that need
a longer transition period to still work, so debian has it enabled (and
ubuntu simply inherits it). you can use systemctl on these jobs the same
way you can use it on native systemd units, so i dont get where you see
any difference in maintenance.

ciao
        oli