Hello!

I have Ubuntu 16.04 server and need to install watchdog package
(5.14-3ubuntu0.16.04.1) and some other packages.

But there is some kind of loop detected with insserv:

insserv: warning: script '<servicename>' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: There is a loop between service watchdog and <servicename> if
stopped
insserv:  loop involving service <servicename> at depth 2
insserv:  loop involving service watchdog at depth 1
insserv: Stopping <servicename> depends on watchdog and therefore on system
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!

Is it correct to put '$all' facility into 'Required-Stop' field? It seems
to break insserv launch when there are init-scripts without LSB
information. In https://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/ it is stated that
'$all' only works for start ordering, not stop ordering.

Init info of watchdog:

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          watchdog
# Short-Description: Start software watchdog daemon
# Required-Start:    $all
# Required-Stop:     $all
# Should-Start:
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
### END INIT INFO

If 'Required-Stop' is empty insserv works fine. Has anyone experienced
similar problem? Of cource I can use insserv overrides but maybe it is
better to fix watchdog package (if there is something to fix).

Regargs,
Artem Konvalyuk