Hello, all!

Alan Pope forwarded a message he received from a Rima Hazra, as follows:

> We are research associates at IIT Kharagpur, India. We are planning to use
> machine learning and natural language processing to solve a bunch of
> problems like finding entities from the ubuntu-bug reports (entity
> recognition) and extracting relations among the entities which may help
> developers to focus on precise/important/relevant sections and take action
> in limited time. As of now, we are considering packages, versions,
> operating systems, file paths, URLs and all computer-related accessories as
> entities.
>

> In this context, we would be grateful if you could help us with the
> answers to the following questions.
>

> In general, when developers are working on the bugs, are they looking for
> these certain entities?
>

> Will such an automated entity recognition system help developers
> understand the bugs quickly?

If anyone on this list has insights that could be useful, the community
team would like to know - we hope this would be interesting research for
this group that could also be very useful for us!

Cheers,

Monica Ayhens-Madon
Ubuntu Community Representative, Canonical