On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 04:03:33PM -0800, Brian Murray wrote:
> The Ubuntu QA team has recently replaced the two apache web servers
> which provide the autopkgtest web service with two machines with more
> capable hardware which should make the web site more responsive.
>
> Additionally, I've modified the servers to return a 403 status code if
> one is trying to request a test and not logged in. This becomes
> particularly useful if you pass the output of
> retry-autopkgtest-regressions to curl instead of wget[1] e.g.
>
>  $ ./retry-autopkgtest-regressions --log-regex "ERROR: testbed failure:
> cannot send to testbed" | vipe | xargs -rn1 -P10 curl --cookie
> ~/.cache/autopkgtest.cookie -o /dev/null --silent --head --write-out
> '%{url_effective}: %{http_code}\n'
> https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/request.cgi?release=lunar&arch=s390x&package=node-imagemagick&trigger=graphicsmagick%2F1.4%2Breally1.3.38%2Bhg16870-1:
>  403
> https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/request.cgi?release=lunar&arch=arm64&package=node-imagemagick&trigger=graphicsmagick%2F1.4%2Breally1.3.38%2Bhg16870-1:
>  200
>
> Unfortunately, I'm getting a surprising number of 403s and that is being
> tracked in a bug[1]. However, while we still need to sort out that bug I
> wanted to pass along the information about using curl so that you can
> tell more easily whether or not your test request was actually queued.

Come to find out it actually wasn't a bug with the servers but with the
cookies being passed to curl (or wget). Now that there are multiple
apache servers behind autopkgtest.ubuntu.com we need to also specify the
server for which the session cookie is valid. My autopkgtest.cookie file
now contains the following additional line:

autopkgtest.ubuntu.com  TRUE    /       TRUE    0       SRVNAME S3

The current possibilities for SRVNAME are S2 or S3.

I've updated my merge proposal to retry-autopkgtest-regressions to
include setting the SRVNAME in the cookie.

Cheers,
--
Brian Murray