Hi,

Here are the minutes of this week's mobile team meeting. They can also
be found online along with the irc log and weekly team report here:

        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Meeting/2009/20100105

= Agenda =

== Action Items from December 22nd, 2009 ==
  * cooloney to ask ericm about 2.6.32 patches for marvell dove
  * NCommander to email Marvell about the date of the next expected
kernel drop
  * asac, ogra, persia to make sure .32 backporting for imx51 kernels is
documented somewhere (c/o)

== Current Items ==

  * http://piware.de/workitems/mobile/lucid-alpha2/report.html

== Standing Items ==

  * http://piware.de/workitems/mobile/lucid/report.html
  * ARM Image Status
  * Any Other Business

== Action Items ==
  * NCommander to invite relevant kernel people to the next meeting.
  * asac, ogra, persia to make sure .32 backporting for imx51 kernels is
documented somewhere (c/o).
  * ogra, asac, NCommander to blog on planet about ARM work.
  * Work item review
   * ALL, check work items due for Alpha-2 and either complete, postpone
or push to Alpha-3.
   * asac, JamieBennett to discuss MIR stalling for 2D launcher.
   * asac to report on Chromiums licensing issue progress.

== Minutes ==
  * asac, ogra, and persia agreed to meet to discuss getting the non
arch specific features of the current kernel backported to the .31
kernel if it was deemed worthwhile.
  * ericm got a kernel drop from Marvell and is currently working on
re-basing it. Initial indications from ericm are that the new re-based
kernel could be read this week. ericm pointed out that the Marvell
branch is held at
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=marvell/dove-kernel/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/marvell-dove-2.6.32.2
  * There is currently a backlog of team work items for Alpha-2. asac
urged the team to check specs, try to complete or push them back to
Alpha-3/postpone them where necessary. ogra pointed out that we still
have until Monday to close work items and that at least his would be in
better shape then.
  * NCommander noted that we should have working alternates for Alpha2,
although at the moment the dove variant is broken during kernel
installation. There was some discussion on whether we should be testing
alternates or not due to a lack of man power. The conclusion was that we
would produce the images but not officially support them.
  * asac asked what the status of the debconf-communicate slowness in
Casper was. JamieBennett said that there was multiple solutions but one
stood out as the best.
  * asac asked when all-pairs testing could be done. plars replied that
the test pairs are generated and documented on the wiki but detail for
them needs to be written on the qa testplan wiki. He went on to explain
that the pairs were generated programatically and had to be translated
manually into corresponding items.
  * ogra indicated that the uboot spec was on target for being completed
by the weekend.
  * JamieBennett raised concern that some MIR's for the 2D launcher were
stalled. asac agreed to discuss them after the meeting.
  * asac outlined the status of his spec's, thumb work items are review
based ones so will be done at the end, chromium is on track after some
hard work and suspend-resume testing was mostly moved to Alpha-3.
Discussion petered off on to chromiums licensing issues with asac
indicating that he was working on it.
  * StevenK said that he was planning to break armel images by getting
them built as the UNE (Ubuntu Netbook Edition) this week. asac raised
concern that we should keep the desktop image until at least Alpha-2
release so we have a working image. StevenK agreed. Discussion continued
on what will be the final image for ARM devices, UNE with the 2D
launcher was decided to be the main focus.
  * asac mentioned that he had gone through the FTBFS (Fail to build
package list) and assigned them to either NCommander or dyfet for
fixing. NCommander said he had uploaded a fix for ocaml and was thanked
for it. Discussion continued on where the focus should be on the FTBFS
list, it was concluded that main should be FTB free if possible and
universe should be too but focus was on main if a conflict arose.
  * A more community engaged approach to testing was discussed. As the
community generally don't have the hardware to test many of our issues
it is quite hard. More blogging and general publicising of what we do is
needed. ogra pointed to a post at his blog,
http://ograblog.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/juggling-your-arms-in-karmic-and-no-more-excuses/,

that indicates some engagement is happening but asac wanted more. ogra,
asac and NCommander took the action to blog about ARM work.

--
Jamie Bennett
Ubuntu Mobile Developer