On Thu, Feb 11, 2010, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> >  a) figure out what the latest .deb name is in lucid (ABI name +
> >     version)
> >  b) download and verify that .deb
> >  c) unpack it and get to the vmlinuz file
> this was implemented in [1] on 02-02-2010, it was effectively only
> waiting for the package to arrive, but given the libc issues in qemu you
> discovered i will have to leave it disabled until this is fixed as well.
> (i'll pop open an extra beer if i can remove the top 6 and bottom 3
> lines of that function one day ;) )

 Well the revision you mention doesn't implement b) and it doesn't
 figure out wat the latest ABI is: it just picks all the packages with
 linux-image and versatile in their name.  Typically, it would match
 "linux-image-versatile" incorrectly and I think there might also be
 multiple ABIs in the archive.

 Compare to:
wget
http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/dists/lucid/main/installer-armel/current/images/imx51/netboot/vmlinuz
 (s/imx51/versatile obviously)

 (Also, you have the drawback of downloading the large Packages.gz and
 kernel.deb (with all modules) instead of /just/ the kernel)

 (NB: gpg auth would also have to be done for the above obviously)

--
Loïc Minier