On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:23:37PM -0300, Ricardo Salveti wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> RootStock 0.1.99.4 is now official.
>
> This version brings more bug fixes plus a couple of important features
> before 0.2.
>
> Now you can run rootstock as user, by giving the argument --no-root.
> Running as user will require to run debootstrap's second phase and
> first boot entirely in a VM, so things can be slower than running as
> root.
>
> When running rootstock in a x86* machine, the normal path now goes
> with chroot and qemu-arm-static as running the first boot in a VM is
> quite unstable.
>
> Another interesting feature is the ability to run rootstock in a
> native ARM environment. This is probably the best way to generate big
> images, as we avoid all the issues with Qemu.
>
> For more information please check
> https://edge.launchpad.net/project-rootstock/trunk/0.1.99.4 and
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootStock/KnownIssues for known issues.
>
> Please give it a try and let us know about any issues you may find.

Thanks for working on this Ricardo.

Maybe we could discuss how we can move the rootstock features missing
to live-helper in the long run?

I want to avoid us doing long term duplication of effort if there is
no real distinct difference in the use cases addressed. Especially
since our linaro live-helper produces rootfs'es rather than images
now.

 - Alexander