Hi,
Please let me know if I have sent this to the wrong Ubuntu list.

Today I installed Maverick on a BeagleBoard xM-A2, following the instructions
here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/OMAPMaverickInstall

Since I am don't have a monitor with DVI-in, I adjusted the bootargs, as per:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/BeagleEditBootscr

This was done by following:

Strip the 72byte long uboot header:
dd if=boot.scr of=boot.script bs=1 skip=72

Open the file in an editor and edit the "setenv bootargs" line to add/remove
bootoptions:
setenv bootargs vram=12M console=ttyS2,115200n8 serialtty=ttyS2
omapfb.mode=tv:pal root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 fixrtc

/usr/bin/mkimage -A arm -T script -C none -n "Ubuntu boot script" -d
boot.script boot.scr       #done as root on my fedora desktop

Then copied the newly created boot.scr file on my SD card replacing the
existing one.

But when I tried to boot, with s-video connected to my pal-format tv, and with
only the 5volt power and serial port connected. Both ways it freezes after
minicom has displayed the following:

1. First attempt with svideo connected:

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
/dev/mmcblk0p2: clean, 118171/446832 files, 533063/949843 blocks
 * Starting AppArmor profiles        Skipping profile in
/etc/apparmor.d/disable: usr.bix
[ OK ]
[ OK ]ting sensors limits
speech-dispatcher disabled; edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
 * PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned
[ OK ]bling additional executable binary formats binfmt-support
fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
/dev/mmcblk0p2: clean, 118171/446832 files, 533063/949843 blocks
 * Starting AppArmor profiles        Skipping profile in
/etc/apparmor.d/disable: usr.bix
[ OK ]
[ OK ]ting sensors limits
speech-dispatcher disabled; edit /etc/default/speech-dispatcher
 * PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
saned disabled; edit /etc/default/saned
[ OK ]bling additional executable binary formats binfmt-support

2nd attempt with only serial and power connected:

  Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
/dev/mmcblk0p2: Superblock last write time is in the future.
        (by less than a day, probably due to the hardware clock being
incorrectly set). .
/dev/mmcblk0p2: clean, 118289/446832 files, 534032/949843 blocks
[...]

I also tried copying over the MLO and u-boot.bin from Angstrom image (the sd
card that is shipped with beagle xm), which was suggested on a beagle howto
site, but same freezing point was reached.

Open to suggestions to get this to boot! I have previously been able to boot
and use the demo Angstrom iamge that came with the beagle, and minimal Ubuntu
10.10 from http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardUbuntu#Maverick_10.10_2

Brett.