Hi,

The following source packages:
- are in universe or multiverse
- are not in Debian unstable
- have not been updated in Ubuntu since Ubuntu hardy (=> same version in
  hardy and lucid)
- are installed on less than 0.1% of Ubuntu systems, according to popcon
  (=> popcon < 1400 installations)

I have gone through each of them, and I think that they are good
candidates for removal from Ubuntu. Could you please go through the
list, and try to find packages that should be kept for some reason?

# packages that were part of Debian at some point:
chpax
vh
dart
replicator
ras
libforms-doc
asis-doc
cl-aspectl
nawm
aladin
toolbar-fancy
cl-fad
pyragua
jmp
albert
libwww-doc
pfmon
dpkg-ftp
qemacs
libannodex
hbf-kanji48
dpkg-multicd
mirrordir
syck
libxfontcache
euro-support

# packages that were apparently never part of Debian (at least they
# weren't in etch or lenny)
libroxen-form
libroxen-ecms
libaspectr
outo
wulfware
libspread-session-perl
emilda-print
japana
pclcomp
vectormath
kagemai
mestatus
gopersist
sense-region
reformat
libalgorithm-numerical-shuffle-perl
lms
hsc
depview
cell-gdb
howm
libtree-perl
htmlpp
qchat
paralogger
pdumpfs-rsync
tablix
libhtml-pager-perl
vdr-plugin-skinsoppalusikka
libdbg
libgames-cards-perl
libfxscintilla
sword-text-viet
sorune
cafix
musixpss
vdr-plugin-ttxtsubs
reverend
cell-programming-primer
anjsp
happycoders-emacs
libcgikit-ruby
banana
smartdoc
fgr
libsocket
sword-text-tagalog
loqui
bkp
at-poke
qdbusbridge
mobile-application-service
zebedee
sugar-sliderpuzzle-activity
sugar-flipsticks-activity
sugar-jigsawpuzzle-activity
nbsmtp
v2strip
gizmod
lashwrap
tclcrypt
jpackage-utils
sixpack-bibtex
libexporter-cluster-perl
wakkabox
dbmdeep
muine-shell
mosml
gafix
synctree
x11rec
console-freecell
squeak-plugin-image
squeak-sources3
claw4
spu-newlib
tkbibtex
cell-gcc
opensg
sqlite-ruby
ximp3
termlauncher-applet
cell-binutils
klavier
hardware-connected
libcafix
sword-text-itadio
waon
ppu-sysroot
grml-vpn
gournal
squash
sword-text-rst
sword-text-frelsg
sugar-logviewer-activity
mateedit
sugar-connect-activity
fceu-server
sugar-memorize-activity
ubuntu-laptop-mode
imqv2
plagiat
update-apt
apt-mark-sync

Of course, that's a lot of packages. But remember that:
1/ they have a very low popcon
2/ they have not seen any upload during the last two years
3/ they haven't been seen as important enough to be uploaded to Debian
4/ if mistakes are made, the packages are still available in the archive
   (since they are in hardy)

And, to reassure yourself, you can take a look at the update-apt package
(which is one of those with the highest popcon). I can spot at least 4
typos in the description, and its functionality is something that can be
provided by a 1-line shell script.
--
| lu...@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lu...@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |