To be honest Mark's claim that the community weren't interested in the
phone and that it just didn't gain traction annoy me. The phone was high on
promises and features that just never arrived. Not to mention the multitude
of bugs that were never fixed. Every review was bad, and the phone just
didn't get any better. It is any surprise that people were holding back?
Not to mention the fact that the phone was never on wide sale.

I had the phone from Day 1 and it was pretty obvious early on that interest
was quickly lost by Canonical, very quickly the updates went from
improvements to 'under the hood' changes and tinkering. New phones were
released but they had the same features and problems as the first phones.
Did Mark really think they'd done enough?

Should they have given up? No. But they didn't give up on the 5th April
2017, they gave up some time ago. They should have concentrated on the
basics and delivering promises. Instead of releasing several new devices
sporting an unfinished OS. It seemed to be all about whipping up interest
rather than finishing the OS.

The tablet was the death knell for me. As soon as I saw that, I knew the
phone was dead.

I love my phone, it had so much potential but it was unfulfilled. Canonical
shouldn't have given up when they did, they should have seen it through but
they did give up and almost two years ago. Everything from then on was half
hearted. This recent announcement just put us out of our misery.

Paul.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device