On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 07:41:59PM +0100, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> Hey!

> It should work for the cdimage releases as well, for instance:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/jammy/release/ubuntu-22.04-latest-live-server-arm64.iso

> Those are redirects so they are not listed anywhere. We only added
> them to fix a casper PXE boot issues while retrieving images from the
> network. Indeed it wasn't properly announced, but yes, tooling can
> rather reliably use this at least for jammy+ series. The older ones do
> not have the redirects in place as the change is fairly recent.

- and releases before jammy won't change again anyway, so whatever anyone is
  currently using for them is fine :)

This was originally rolled out silently because we did need the ability to
point to a stable url for automation with other artifacts which don't change
when there's a point release, but didn't want to advertise it and induce end
users to reference URLs expecting the behavior of those URLs not to change
over time.

I think that's still the right call for now and that we shouldn't publicize
them - but it is fine for things like osinfo-db to reference those URLs
internally.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org