From: Stéphane Graber <stgra...@ubuntu.com>
Date: 2/15/24 18:59 (GMT-05:00)
To: ubuntu-release@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Further reducing my involvement with Ubuntu

Hello,

Following some recent interactions[1] which have made me question my
trust in the Ubuntu Community, I have made the decision to further cut
back my involvement with the Ubuntu project.

In the case of the Ubuntu Release team, this specifically relates to
the operation of the IRC bot "queuebot".
I've been operating and occasionally tweaking and fixing that IRC bot
for over a decade (since 2012) and it's been running on my own
infrastructure ever since.

You'll find the current (rather ugly python) code here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-archive/queuebot/queuebot

I'd like to turn the lights off on my side by the end of March. Should
someone want to take over hosting and operating it, please let me know
and we'll organize the transfer of the production configuration to
minimize the downtime for its users. It's currently running in an
Ubuntu 20.04 container and needs around 500MB of RAM to keep track of
all the various packages.

If nobody steps in, then I'll just turn it off at the end of March
assuming that it's no longer a useful service to the Ubuntu community.

Thanks!

Stéphane

[1] https://hachyderm.io/@stgraber/111936620602456692