Troels Arvin kirjoitti 10.3.2024 klo 19.17:
In a side discussion of the same ticket, there is talk about handling Tomcat 9/10 for Ubuntu 24: The suggestion is for Ubuntu 24 to have Tomcat 10 only (i.e. do like Debian and only have one Tomcat generation per release). I think the discussion should be taken, but where?

Hi,

With my dogtag-pki/tomcatjss maintainer hat on, I wasn't too happy to see a bug report about tomcat9 getting removed from bookworm while it was frozen already. Upstream doesn't support tomcat10 yet and so far has no plans for it (even after a year of poking about it).

Tomcat9 is in universe. According to rmadison, it hasn't received many updates and even less security ones... Would it be unreasonable to keep an uncrippled tomcat9 in noble so that dogtag-pki has a chance? Or at least provide the minimal set of packages for it (lib, -user, -common)..

Upstream says tomcat9 still has life left in it:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/qlzpscgoqct9wspkj5qjkm34s66jswj0