Hello translators,

Our next LTS, Ubuntu 22.04, will be released very soon. Since this time of the cycle is optimal — we are well beyond both UserInterfaceFreeze[1] and DocumentationStringFreeze[2] — to provide translations via Launchpad, I wanted to post this heads-up.

Two deadlines apply:

1. NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline[3]: April 7

Some packages, for which the translations are not dealt with via the language packs, need special translation updates via package uploads. Examples here are ubiquity, ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu (multiple translation templates), and ubuntu-docs[4].

2. LanguagePackTranslationDeadline[5]: April 14

This is the same date as Final Freeze. Translations added to most packages in Ubuntu's "main" until this date will be available to the users on the release day (April 21).

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationStringFreeze

[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline

[4] The Ubuntu specific portion of the Ubuntu Desktop Guide

[5] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LanguagePackTranslationDeadline

--
Happy translating!

Gunnar Hjalmarsson