Public bug reported:

With a dell precision 6400M, radeon HD 600 serie, a  Eport-plus dock.

I can't boot when i plug my dock with the video 1 dvi output to my DELL
""24 external monitor. The external monitor warns me that the input
timing is not correct and ask to set it at 1900*1200@60 (which is the
optimal timing).  If i  boot using the vga port, and then switch to the
dvi port , the screen is detected, and i can use it normally (eg: DVI,
1900*1200@60).

For my own it's a bug.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

  DVI resolution not recognized at boot time (but recognized later)