This BUG is biting me since I started to use Ubuntu at my FSC V5535
SEVERAL YEARS AGO !

It is easy to fix manually, as you only need to edit the configuration
of x and tell ubuntu that there is a LCD with a native resolution of
1280x800 ... why hasn't any of the developers added this info for this
notebook until now ?

MfG, MEX

PS: Of course this allows only VESA grafik modes without acceleration, but
which newbie nees more anyway ?
There exists a 3D driver from Barton Lee, who worked for SiS when he developed
this driver for LINUX, which isn't released by the manufacturer of these chips
until now ...

--
native 1280x800 resolution won't work, FUJITSU SIEMENS ESPRIMO Mobile V5535
which is subscribed to xorg in ubuntu.