Thanks, Murphy. Love your work.

11:2.8.0 froze while using Firefox to compose a Gmail. As usual the
mouse cursor remained movable (though stuck in the I-beam shape from the
compose window, this time) but no response to clicks or keyboard. The
desktop clock didn't update. The top listing on the other computer (in
an ssh session to this one) did continue to update. When I quit top and
tried "sudo service gdm stop" there was a password prompt, then a ~20
second wait, then a message reading "gdm stop/waiting" but the display
on the frozen computer remained frozen. Issuing "sudo reboot" from the
ssh session rebooted the frozen computer.

Please, sir, could I have an even older one?

--
[i845G] Karmic stops responding a few minutes after log in
which is the registrant for xf86-video-intel.