The driver provided in a .deb by someone in this bug as an attachment
doesn't work for 10.04 (used to work for 9.04 and 9.10).

I had to use the VESA driver wich is really bad for video playback.

I know Ubuntu wants to keep close with Debian but this bug is about to
have 2 years and no solution at all to the ubuntu users that have this
video card (wich is quite popular to be honest), in the meantime distros
like Fedora, Mandriva and SuSE have this fixed already.

** Attachment added: "lspci-koshrf.txt"
   http://launchpadlibrarian.net/45452440/lspci-koshrf.txt

--
[needs-packaging] no working driver for sis 671/771 video cards
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-sis in ubuntu.