I don't know if the NMI issue is related, but have it too I get
"[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop." on
Xorg.log and
"Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason a1 on CPU 0" on kern.log ,both of them
happen at exactly the same time.
the X stops responding (except the mouse currser which moves slowly) and I
can't switch to virtual terminals.
I'm working on a Thinkpad T60 with ATI Technologies Inc M52 [Mobility Radeon
X1300]

--
[Radeon] [Lucid] [mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an
infinite loop