** Description changed:

+ SRU INFORMATION:
+ Impact: Produces empty ddebs and broken debug links on packages which call
dh_strip on a package more than once, when being built on Soyuz (not locally).
+ Patch:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/pkg-create-dbgsym/ubuntu/revision/180
+ Test case:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/pkg-create-dbgsym/ubuntu/revision/176
+ Regression potential: p-c-d has quite an extensive test suite which cover a
lot of different build systems, debhelper compat levels, etc. Almost all bug
reports get a test written first to ensure that it reproduces the bug and the
patch fixes it. However, being a toolchain package it can potentially cause all
further builds to be broken completely (which is very very unlikely, though); a
more realistic regression potential is that this now causes debug packages to
stop being built because the check for "has debug symbols" is imprecise.
+
  Update: Probably affects all packages which happen to run dh_strip twice
  on the same binary package.

  Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-core-dbg

  After upgrading to Lucid, I get the following error when trying
  to debug xorg:

  $ gdb /usr/bin/Xorg
  GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1-ubuntu
  and "show warranty" for details.
  This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
  Reading symbols from /usr/bin/Xorg...
  warning: the debug information found in "/usr/lib/debug//usr/bin/Xorg" does
not match "/usr/bin/Xorg" (CRC mismatch).

  warning: the debug information found in "/usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/Xorg"
  does not match "/usr/bin/Xorg" (CRC mismatch).

  (no debugging symbols found)...done.
  (gdb)

  It worked just fine on 9.10.

  I've version 2:1.7.6-2ubuntu3 installed, on amd64.

  If you need more information, please let me know.

  Thanks,
       Alberto

--
many -dbg packages have debug symbols mismatch
which is subscribed to xorg-server in ubuntu.