Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: xserver-xorg-video-intel

I have a Thinkpad x40 that includes Intel 855GME hardware.  I'm running Lucid
Netbook remix and trying to use the "3d" launcher.
If I let apt install the lastest 2:2.9.1-3ubuntu5, the 3d launcher is painfully
slow.  clicking on different tabs takes several seconds to update, the
mouseover "zoom" on icons is slow, and scrolling is so laggy as to be useless.

Reverting to 2:2.9.1-3ubuntu4 makes all of these issues go away.

Further note, I'm running the previous kernel 2.6.32-20-generic (rather
than 2.6.32-21-generic) as the -21 version is also problematic with this
hardware:  it locks hard on startx with the newer kernel.  See
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/567914.

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

--
[855GME]  2:2.9.1-3ubuntu5 causes slow 3d
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in ubuntu.