Hi,

I did a reinstall of the released ubuntu lucid, and updated
it to current state (dd may 13th), and status is the same as
mentioned earlier.
Btw, installing ubuntu lucid on this system using the default
cd is horrible, it just would not show properly on my flatpanel
(1920x1080) or on my PAL TV. I had to switch to the alternate
installer, to do a textbased install using my flatpanel.

To summarize the xvmc issue, playback using mythtv/via-xvmc
is fine, skip forward is also fine, but skip backward turns the
screen blue/grey (audio is still playing, osd shows up fine),
and it remains that way until playback is stopped and restarted
again from the menu.

Regards,
Mark.

--
[PM800] Mythtv/XvMC playback problems on Via CN400
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-openchrome in ubuntu.