[QUOTE]xrandr: cannot find mode 1024×768[/QUOTE]

I see a lot of people are having trouble with this.

In Linux capitalization is VERY important. Here you guys did not
capitalize your the "X" in your resolution. Once you capitalize your "X"
you should be good. Here is an example of what worked for me.

[code]xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1024x768 --rate 60[/code]

--
resolution 1280 768  not available cannot update with xrandr
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-sis in ubuntu.