On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Denys Vlasenko
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 November 2008 07:24, Khem Raj wrote:
>> Hmm so this wcsxfrm is guarded by UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE config option.
>> your patch just exposed it.
>
> If you are saying that I am not guilty that's nice to hear,
> bur I am also interested how exactly my patch exposed that.

Well no blame game here. I am just saying that earlier this symbol was
exported even if locales were not configured. But now with your patch
its doing the right thing.

> Can you describe in more details?
>
>> I thought they should be wide char
>> routines and I do have wide char support turned on in config.
>
> Manpage seems to say that it is locale-related indeed:
>
>       size_t wcsxfrm(wchar_t *restrict ws1, const wchar_t *restrict ws2,
>              size_t n);
> DESCRIPTION
>       The  wcsxfrm()  function  shall  transform  the  wide-character  string
>       pointed to by ws2 and place the resulting  wide-character  string  into
>       the  array  pointed to by ws1. The transformation shall be such that if
>       wcscmp() is applied to two transformed wide strings, it shall return  a
>       value  greater  than,  equal  to,  or less than 0, corresponding to the
>       result of wcscoll() applied to the  same  two  original  wide-character
>       strings.
>
> The point is, wcscoll() is a locale function:
>
>       The  wcscoll() function shall compare the wide-character string pointed
>       to by ws1 to the wide-character string pointed to by ws2,  both  inter-
>       preted as appropriate to the LC_COLLATE category of the current locale.
>
> thus wcsxfrm() has to understand locale to work properly.

yeah thats what I figured out.

> But maybe, if locale support is configured out, wcsxfrm() should
> still be present, and work as if C locale is in effect?

Yeah probably I should just enable locales end of story.