I could trigger the same problem on a simple test app by doing a couple of
open() to a non-existent file, create a thread then do the open() again. Too
bad I can't use master, I'm on 0.9.32.1 using our own arch.

What's the difference between __uclibc_open() and normal open()? For me open.c
isn't compiled at all and open64 should be used instead, AFAICT at least. In my
shared object both __uclibc_open() and open64() symbols are defined, and for
the failed case __uclibc_open() gets called. I would have expected to have 1
open function only?

Sorry for the delayed response as I am working on this on and off.

Cheers,
Qais