I previously sent a bug report for pread/pwrite with a link to a
patch that i hacked up quick and dirty. This showed up to be severly
broken on x86_64 and corrupted several qemu disks images for me.

I see that this bad patch made it into 0.9.33 stabel tree. I think it
should be reverted and instead use cherry-picks from master. This is
what we currently use with success in Alpine Linux.

Tested on x86_64 and x86.

Mike Frysinger (2):
  pread/pwrite: handle renamed syscalls in common/ppc/xtensa code
  pread/pwrite: drop fallback funcs

Natanael Copa (1):
  Revert "pread/pwrite: backport fix"

Peter S. Mazinger (4):
  cancel.h: add generic file to ease cancellation support
  add cancellation to generic pread_write
  pread_write.c: make all archs use common code
  endian.h: add some handy macros to be used in syscalls

 Makefile.in                              |   1 +
 include/cancel.h                         | 101 ++++++++++++++++
 include/endian.h                         |  11 ++
 libc/sysdeps/linux/c6x/Makefile.arch     |   3 +-
 libc/sysdeps/linux/c6x/pread_write.c     | 103 ----------------
 libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pread_write.c  | 103 ++++++++--------
 libc/sysdeps/linux/mips/pread_write.c    | 116 ++++++------------
 libc/sysdeps/linux/powerpc/pread_write.c | 192 +++++-------------------------
 libc/sysdeps/linux/sh/pread_write.c      | 109 +++--------------
 libc/sysdeps/linux/xtensa/pread_write.c  | 195 +++++--------------------------
 create mode 100644 include/cancel.h
 delete mode 100644 libc/sysdeps/linux/c6x/pread_write.c

--
1.7.12