On Wednesday 16 October 2013 12:13:12 Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> As the Freetz router project had to deal with BE/LE issues, we (yes, I
> >>
> >> was more active these days) decided to define the Kconfig logic in:
> >>      extra/Configs/Config.mips
> >>
> >> ...and added the the CPU_FLAGS-* (CPU optimization etc.) stuff to...
> >>
> >>      Rules.mak
> >>
> >> Please see the patch in [1] for more details.
> >
> > that patch is exactly the sort of thing we are not adding more support
> > for
>
> what had you in mind, how would you realize it?

as Khem said, if you want to target a specific cpu (-march/-mtune/etc...), then
update UCLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS accordingly.  there's really no difference between a
Kconfig option with hardcoded cpu name and the user adding the same name to the
cflags.  except the kconfig list is a constantly losing route.
-mike