ucli...@browserseal.com wrote:

>>> Can you please run "arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc -v" for me ? They are all
>>> called arm-uclinuxeabi-gcc.
>>>
>>> BTW, I tried 2009q1 uClinux version (gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite
>>> 2009q1-163)) and got the same error with limits.h. Did you have to make
>>> the link to include-fixed as in the thread you pointed me to ?
>>>

>> It's the one you just listed, uClinux  version 2009q1-163, gcc 4.3.3
>>
>> Yes, you have to do the fix still for limits.h
>>

> And it still does not compile, with that very version and after all the
> above fixes, this time with yet another error !
>
> /unpackaged/uClinux-dist/uClibc/lib/libpthread.a(manager.o): In function
> `testandset':
> (.text+0x0): multiple definition of `testandset'
> /unpackaged/uClinux-dist/uClibc/lib/libpthread.a(join.o):(.text+0x0):
> first defined here

I don't know why it's not working for you, sorry. I recommend taking
baby steps. For instance, why are you compiling pthreads? Take it out if
its giving you problems! Just try to build the most basic system you
can, then add things as you go. Make sure you're starting from scratch
too when recompiling these kernels, you don't want pieces hanging around
compiled from different toolchains. Also, make sure that you are
installing all these toolchains coherently so they are not interfering
with each other. Other than that, just keep searching the mailing lists.
Try other toolchains, like the ones Greg puts out (two of which I listed
in a previous message).