On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:10:51AM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
> Given the simplicity of using MTD and the uclinux.c mapping why
> would you not be using if you have your root fs after your kernel
> binary?
>
> There are other methods, init ramfs, initrd, etc. Don't know if
> anyone has tried them on m68knommu.

I use initramfs for a rootfs.  Works OK, although it seems like it wastes
a lot of ram caching the initramfs files on access which I have no idea
how to make it stop doing (it is totally stupid to do that after all).
I network boot using tftp using a uimage containing a kernel and an
initramfs archive.

I wish I knew how to find out what is using what ram, given I would love
to get my missing ram back.  Loosing 25% of ram to caching or something
of a ramdisk is not nice when you have 8MB to start with.

--
Len Sorensen